My JCPenney Rewards PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The My JCPenney Rewards Program (“My JCPenney Rewards” or the “Program”) is a loyalty program sponsored by J. C. Penney Corporation, Inc. (“JCPenney”). Membership in the My JCPenney Rewards Program (“Program”) is open to residents of the 50 states of the U.S. and PR and who are 18 years of age or older. JCPenney Credit Cardmembers who meet those criteria are automatically enrolled in the Program. This Program Description sets forth terms that are only available to Members of the Program (each a “Member” or “You”) who reside in certain areas of the U.S. Any other versions of the My JCPenney Rewards program will not apply. By participating in the Program, you (i) represent that you are 18 years of age or older and (ii) accept the following Program Terms and Conditions (these “Terms”). Your Membership is non-transferable and is subject to present and future program Terms as described below. These Terms are void where and to the extent prohibited by law.
- For information about an individual My JCPenney Rewards account (sometimes also referred to as a “profile”) or any other Program-related questions or information, contact My JCPenney Rewards Customer Service online at www.jcpenneyrewards.com or by phone at 1-888-JCP-RWDS (1-888-527-7937).
- Additional credit card benefits are available for JCPenney Credit Card and JCPenney MasterCard Cardmembers that achieve Gold or Platinum credit card status. See JCPenney.com/credit for additional information on the JCPenney Credit Card or call the number on the back of your card. For additional information about your JCPenney MasterCard or JCPenney MasterCard Rewards, go to www.jcpenneymastercard.com or call the number on the back of your card.
- By providing an email address and participating in the Program, you agree to receive promotional email offers and updates from My JCPenney Rewards, JCPenney and its affiliates and licensees.
- Members may unsubscribe from JCPenney and My JCPenney Rewards promotional emails at any time via the unsubscribe link in those emails. JCPenney reserves the right to amend or modify the Program at any time and in any way without notice (including, without limitation, our right to adjust the number of points or certificates earned for each dollar in purchases, and the type and amount of other Program benefits). JCPenney further reserves the right to terminate the Program or any Program benefits at any time without notice. Abuse of the Program, as determined by JCPenney in its sole judgment, may result in a member being disqualified from participation in the Program, including forfeiture of unused Rewards points or issued, but unused certificates. The Program is sponsored by and administered by JCPenney. The following describes the Program as of 10/1/2015.
General Membership Terms
- Membership is limited to one per person per email address or auto-enrolled JCPenney Credit Card or JCPenney MasterCard credit account.
- Members that have provided an email address for usage with the My JCPenney Rewards account will be sent electronic statements, Rewards certificates, Program benefits, and other materials related to your Rewards account and transactions at JCPenney at the discretion of JCPenney. JCPenney Credit Card Cardholders can also link an email address to their JCPenney Credit Card at www.jcpenneyrewards.com or in store. If you provide your email address during the credit application process, your JCPenney Credit Card will automatically be linked to your email address. JCPenney reserves the right to suspend or discontinue the emailing of My JCPenney Rewards updates, Rewards Certificates, and/or related materials to Members at any time and for any reason.
- For Program-related questions or information visit www.jcpenneyrewards.com or call 1-888-JCP-RWDS (1-888-527-7937).
- To view your account activity you will need to visit www.jcpenneyrewards.com and log in. Each Member is responsible for maintaining accurate and updated personal information. You may update your personal information online at www.jcpenneyrewards.com or by calling 1-888-JCP-RWDS (1-888-527-7937).
Membership Enrollment Channels
There are three ways to become a Member: (1) through online enrollment at www.jcpenneyrewards.com, (2) through auto-enrollment of your JCPenney Credit Card or JCPenney MasterCard, or (3) by providing an email address and phone number for enrollment in-store at JCPenney.
- Online Enrollment.
Auto-Enrollment of JCPenney Credit Cardmembers and JCPenney MasterCard Cardmembers.
- To enroll online, visit www.jcpenneyrewards.com and follow the instructions. To receive all benefits associated with the Program, including electronic notification and access to Rewards Certificates and Perk Certificates (as defined below), you must fill out the enrollment form completely and provide a valid email address and phone number.
- Holders of valid JCPenney Credit Card and JCPenney MasterCard accounts, who are legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States, Alaska and Puerto Rico, are automatically enrolled in the Program. Limit one Membership per credit card account.
- Auto-enrolled Members, who did not provide a valid email address in connection with their JCPenney Credit Card or JCPenney MasterCard, do not have the ability to view Rewards account activity online, download and print earned Rewards Certificates, Perk Certificates or other Program Benefits, update their personal information online, or enjoy other benefits of online enrollment. These Members can link an email address to their JCPenney Credit Card or JCPenney MasterCard at www.jcpenneyrewards.com, in-store, or during the JCPenney Credit Card application process. Auto-enrolled Members who do not link an email address to their JCPenney Credit Card or JCPenney MasterCard will receive their Rewards Certificates through the U.S. mail. However, Perk Certificates will not be mailed to auto-enrolled Members. To complete your online registration and enjoy the associated benefits, visit www.jcpenneyrewards.com and follow the instructions.
My JCPenney Rewards Cards.
- When you make a purchase at a JCPenney store, you may be asked if you would like to enroll in My JCPenney Rewards. In connection with your enrollment, you will need to provide a valid email address and phone number. We will use the email address and phone number as a way to look up your My JCPenney Rewards profile at check out in order to assign Points or Perk Purchases (as defined below) to your Program account. We will also send electronic statements and other materials to you at that email address. If you have already provided us with an email address or phone number for use in connection with the Program, please provide the same email address or phone number in connection with your in-store enrollment so that your Program account reflects all of the Points and Perk Purchases (as defined below) you earn.
- If you provide an email address during enrollment or on a JCPenney Credit Card credit application for an approved JCPenney Credit Card account, a digital My JCPenney Rewards card number and barcode will be automatically assigned to you. The digital My JCPenney Rewards card will be displayed within Program emails and on www.jcpenneyrewards.com upon log in. A physical My JCPenney Rewards card can be added to your My JCPenney Rewards profile in-store or at www.jcpenneyrewards.com at any time. To ensure the Points and Perk Purchases you earn are assigned to your My JCPenney Rewards profile, the physical My JCPenney Rewards card must be linked to your My JCPenney Rewards profile. A Rewards card can be linked in store at the register or online at www.jcpenneyrewards.com. A Rewards card is not required for earning Points or Perk Rewards. Both the digital and physical My JCPenney Rewards cards can be used to look up your My JCPenney Rewards profile in store to receive My JCPenney Rewards program benefits. My JCPenney Rewards cards remain the property of J.C. Penney Corporation, Inc. and are non-transferable.
III. Rewards Points & Certificates
- For each $1 spent on a qualifying purchase at JCPenney stores or jcpenney.com, you will receive 1 My JCPenney Rewards point (“point”) automatically when you use your JCPenney Credit Card or JCPenney MasterCard. If you do not use one of those credit cards, you will need to show your My JCPenney Rewards card, or provide the phone number or email address associated with your My JCPenney Rewards profile when you make a purchase in store. Members will need to take one of the following steps in order to assign the Points to their Program account:
Once you reach 100 points, you will be issued a $10 My JCPenney Rewards certificate (“certificate”) redeemable on eligible JCPenney purchases (some exclusions and restrictions apply; see certificate for details) and 100 points will be deducted from your Program account. Members who use your JCPenney Credit Card or JCPenney MasterCard for qualifying purchases will be eligible to receive additional Rewards Certificates, provided that no Member may receive more than a total of ten My JCPenney Rewards certificates in one (1) calendar month. Purchases made with other methods of payment will not be credited towards earning more than one My JCPenney Rewards Certificate in one calendar month. Only qualifying purchases made with the JCPenney Credit Card or JCPenney MasterCard will earn Points towards additional Rewards Certificates each month. Member accounts and Points will reset to zero at the first of each calendar month. Points will not roll over after the calendar month in which they were posted. Certificates will be delivered via email or are accessible at www.jcpenneyrewards.com or at the register at check out. Certificates will be mailed to JCPenney credit cardmembers who have not provided your email address on their application, at point of sale or www.jcpenneyrewards.com. If your JCPenney purchase is less than the amount designated on the certificate, you will forfeit the remainder of that certificate. Certificates cannot be credited to any account, redeemed for cash, replaced if merchandise is returned, or applied to prior purchases. Lost or stolen certificates are not replaceable. Certificates are not transferable and are void where prohibited by law.
Delivery of Rewards:
- In-store – show your My JCPenney Rewards card, or provide the phone number or email address associated with your My JCPenney Rewards profile when you make a purchase in-store to receive points.
- During jcp.com check out - provide the email address linked to your My JCPenney Rewards profile, or your My JCPenney Rewards Card number at checkout to ensure earned Points are assigned to your Rewards profile. Your My JCPenney Rewards Card number can be found on your online profile at www.jcpenneyrewards.com. If you return a qualifying purchase, the points you received for that purchase will be deducted from your Program account in the month the return is made. No adjustments will be made to a Member’s Program account after 90 days from the actual purchase.
- The following are not qualifying purchases: Sephora products that are not purchased from Sephora in JCPenney Stores or on jcpenney.com, dollars spent on sales tax, state fees, international purchases, gift cards, and charges and fees (e.g. shipping charges, restocking fees, mattress recycle fee). Members also do not earn Points for the amount of any Rewards Certificates, Perk Certificates or JCPenney MasterCard Rewards redeemed or discounts applied. See www.jcpenneymastercard.com for information regarding JCPenney MasterCard Rewards.
- On-line and Email. For Members who have an email address linked to their Program account, Rewards will be available online. Notification of an earned Rewards certificate will be delivered via email to the email address associated with the Program account. Rewards will be available within approximately 24 hours after a Member has earned a Reward.
- Mail. For auto-enrolled Members who do not provide an email address during the JCPenney Credit Card application process or link an email address to an existing JCPenney Credit Card or JCPenney Master Card account, Rewards certificates will be delivered by U.S. Mail and addressed to the primary JCPenney Credit Card or JCPenney MasterCard Member’s address on record. Rewards will be mailed approximately 3-4 weeks after the Reward is earned. Allow 3-5 business days for normal mail delivery. Auto-enrolled Members must maintain an accurate mailing address and other information with JCPenney Credit Card Services.
IV. Perk Rewards
Members who make a required number of purchases of designated merchandise within a specified time period can also earn Perk Rewards in store or online.
- Earning Perk Rewards
- Perk Rewards for Shoes. My JCPenney Rewards members who buy 4 pairs of select original, regular and sale-priced shoes (“Perk eligible shoes”) in a 12-month period in store or at jcp.com can earn a $15 Perk Reward for Shoes Certificate. Purchases of the following merchandise do not count toward earning Perk Rewards: Clearance-priced shoes, shoes located in or identified as Women’s Accessories, Disney® shoes, Infant/Toddler Footwear, slippers, and shoe accessories.
- Perk Rewards for Bras. My JCPenney Rewards members who buy 4 select original, regular and sale priced bras (“Perk eligible bras”) in a 12-month period in store or at jcp.com can earn a $15 Perk Reward for Bras certificate. Purchases of the following merchandise do not count toward earning Perk Rewards: Clearance-priced bras, Flirtitude bralettes, Jodee Post-Mastectomy Fashions, shapewear, bras located in or identified as being for Kids, sports bras located in or identified as Activewear and bra accessories.
- Perk Purchases. Each purchase of Perk eligible shoes or Perk eligible bras will receive a “Perk Purchase” automatically when you use your JCPenney Credit Card or JCPenney MasterCard. If you do not use one of those credit cards, you will need to show your My JCPenney Rewards card, or provide the phone number or email address associated with your My JCPenney Rewards profile when you make a purchase of Perk eligible shoes or bras in-store. Shop at jcp.com and receive one Perk Purchase for every purchase of Perk eligible shoes or bras automatically when you use your JCPenney Credit Card or JCPenney MasterCard.
- If you do not use one of those credit cards, you will need to enter the email address associated with your My JCPenney Rewards profile or your My JCPenney Rewards Card number during checkout. Your My JCPenney Rewards Card number can be found on your online profile at www.jcpenneyrewards.com.
- Perk Purchase Terms. Each Perk Purchase will expire 12 months from the date of the associated purchase. No adjustments to a Member’s account will be made after ninety (90) days from the actual purchase date of Perk eligible merchandise; provided, however, if you return Perk eligible merchandise the Perk Purchase issued in connection with that merchandise will be deducted from your account in the month that you make the return. Perk Purchases have no cash value. Perk Purchases that remain on a Member’s account will be forfeited if the Program or Perks are terminated.
- Members earning four Perk Purchases of the same type of merchandise (i.e. four Perk Rewards for Shoes Purchases or four Perk Rewards for Bras Purchases within a 12-month period) will earn a Perk Certificate.
- A Perk Certificate is redeemable for $15 (USD) off the purchase of any eligible products at participating JCPenney retail store locations or online at jcp.com. Perk Certificates are only valid on purchases of certain products and may have a minimum purchase requirement. See Perk Certificate for specific exclusions and other limitations. Perk Certificates will expire on the expiration date listed on the certificate.
- Perk Certificates will be accessible, upon Member request, at the point of sale in JCPenney stores. Perk Certificates will also be available online at www.jcpenneyrewards.com for those Members who have registered an email address with their Program account. Notification of an earned Perk Certificate will be delivered via email to the email address associated with the Program account. Perk Certificates will not be delivered by U. S. mail to Members who have not registered an email address with their Program account.
- Perk Certificates, which include any barcodes provided in-store or through www.jcpenneyrewards.com are good for one (1)-time use only. If a Member returns merchandise that was partially or wholly paid for with a Perk Certificate, the Perk Certificate used in connection with such a purchase will not be reissued. Perk Certificates will be applied to all eligible products on a prorated basis; any refunds for returned merchandise will be given in the prorated amount.
- Perk Certificates have no cash value and are not redeemable for cash. No change/currency will be given in connection with Perk Certificate redemption.
- Perk Certificates may be used in conjunction with other JCPenney coupons, certificates, discounts, or offers toward the purchase of products not to exceed the purchase amount and subject to the terms and conditions of the other coupons, certificates, discounts, or offers. Lost, stolen, or expired Rewards Certificates will not be replaced.
- Members do not earn Perk Purchases or My JCPenney Rewards Points for any merchandise purchased in connection with the redemption of a Perk Certificate.
V. Penney Perks
- From time to time JCPenney may make additional offers or benefits available to Members of the Program who meet certain eligibility requirements established by JCPenney in its sole discretion. Below are descriptions of some, but not all, of the offers that are currently available to eligible Members.
- Birthday Offer. A birthday offer will be sent via email, or at JCPenney’s sole option via U.S. mail, to eligible Members. To be eligible for the offer, Members must: (a) be residents of the 48 contiguous U.S. states, AK and PR, and have a birthday date on file with their Program or credit account, (b) if not a JCPenney credit cardmember, have earned points within the last 12 months, (c) if a JCPenney credit cardmember, have made at least one purchase with your JCPenney credit card within the last 12 months, and (d) have a JCPenney credit card account and/or My JCPenney Rewards account that is in good standing at the time the birthday offer is issued. Also, Members who have not achieved JCPenney Gold/Platinum credit account status must have a valid email address on file with your Program account to receive the birthday offer. One offer per account.
- Special Coupons. Eligible Members, who are not holders of Gold or Platinum status JCPenney Credit Cards or JCPenney MasterCards, will receive $10 off coupons throughout the calendar year. Gold status JCPenney Credit Cardmembers and JCPenney MasterCard Cardmembers will receive 6 $10 or $15 Off Coupons per calendar year. Platinum status JCPenney Credit Cardmembers and JCPenney MasterCard Cardmembers will receive 8 $10 or $15 Off coupons (as determined solely by JCPenney) per calendar year. New Members and new JCPenney credit cardmembers may not receive all $10 off coupons during the first year of membership. To be eligible for $ off coupons, Members must : (a) if not a JCPenney credit cardmember, have earned Rewards points within the last 12 months and have a valid email address on file with your Program account, (b) if a JCPenney credit cardmember, have made at least one purchase with your JCPenney credit card within the last 12 months, and (c) have a JCPenney credit card account and/or Rewards account that is in good standing at the time the $ off coupons are issued. One set of coupons per account. Coupons may have minimum purchase requirement. See coupon for full terms & conditions.
VI. My JCPenney Rewards/JCPenney Text Alerts
If you opt-in to receive JCPenney automated text alerts from JCPenney and My JCPenney Rewards including My JCPenney Rewards certificates, coupons, advertisements, events, polls, giveaways, sweepstakes and contests, downloads and information alerts from JCPenney, the following terms and conditions apply:
- You will receive automated promotional text alerts from JCPenney and My JCPenney Rewards at the mobile number you provided.
- Your agreement to receive promotional text alerts is not a requirement to purchase goods and services at JCPenney.
- Message and data rates may apply from your mobile provider. Following your request, you will receive a confirmation text message that you must reply to with the requested keyword to complete registration.
- By entering and submitting your enrollment information at the time of your request, you agree to receive automated promotional text alerts from JCPenney and My JCPenney Rewards including up to 8 SMS messages per month, (plus additional in-store messaging if WiFi is activated).
- You further agree that JCPenney may use location information (such as GPS data) from your mobile phone when you are in or near a JCPenney store and send you additional promotional text alerts based on location.
- Prices mentioned in text messages may vary in Alaska and Puerto Rico.
- You also affirm that you are 18 years of age or older, are authorized to agree to receive promotional text alerts on this phone number and are responsible for any mobile message or data rates incurred. By replying with the requested keyword to complete registration, persons 15 to 17 years of age are confirming parental consent to enroll their number in promotional text alerts except where restricted by state law.
- To opt out, reply STOP to any message or text STOP to 527365 (JCP365). For help, reply HELP to any message or text HELP to 527365 (JCP365) or call 800.322.1189 or email mobile@JCPenney.com. Please note that texting STOP to 527365 will always result in an opt-out confirmation text to be sent to your phone. You will not receive any messages from jcp promotional text alerts thereafter, unless you explicitly text STOP, HELP, JOIN or other advertised keywords connected to the program. For additional information see the FAQ.
List of supported carriers as of July 2013. Carriers subject to change. AT&T, T-Mobile®, Verizon Wireless, U.S. Cellular, Sprint, ACS Wireless, Alltel, Bluegrass Cellular, Boost, Cellcom, Cellular One, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cricket, Cross, Element Mobile, EpicTouch, GCI Communications, Hawkeye, Inland Cellular, Keystone Wireless (Immix/PC Management), Maximum (AKA Max/Benton/Albany), Metro PCS, Nex-Tech Wireless, nTelos, Peoples Wireless, Pioneer, Plateau, Revol Wireless, Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Virgin Mobile.
VII. Additional Terms.
- My JCPenney Rewards Membership and its benefits are offered at the discretion of JCPenney. We reserve the right, without limitation, to terminate, change, limit, modify, or cancel the Program or any Program benefits (including Perks), rules, regulations, or conditions of participation at any time, with or without notice, even though such changes may affect the value of already accumulated Points or Perk Purchases or the ability to use Points toward the earning of Rewards Certificates or Perk Purchases toward the earning of Perk Certificates. JCPenney may, among other things: (i) increase the number of Points required to earn a Rewards Certificate or the number of Perk Purchases required to earn a Perk Certificate; (ii) institute or add blackout dates; (iii) modify expiration dates; (iv) limit the number of Rewards Certificates or Perk Certificates for use by a Member on a single purchase; (v) change the number of Rewards Certificates that can be earned in a calendar month; or (vi) limit the coupons, certificates, discounts, or offers that can be used as a part of a transaction.
- We may change these Terms as described above at any time in our sole discretion by posting the updated Terms on the Site. You waive any right you may have to receive specific notice of such changes, and your continued participation in the Program will constitute your acceptance. You should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then-current Terms to which you are bound.
- JCPenney is not responsible for undelivered, misdelivered, or delayed email transmissions or mail or for incorrect addresses and other contact information resulting from incorrect or incomplete personal information (including, without limitation, email address or other contact information) provided by a Member or for a Member’s failure to notify JCPenney of a change in such information.
- JCPenney reserves the right to interpret and apply the policies and procedures communicated in these Terms in its sole discretion, subject to applicable law. All determinations by JCPenney will be final and conclusive in each case. These Terms supersede all previously published Terms in their entirety.
- In the event of a dispute over ownership of the My JCPenney Rewards account, the account will be declared to belong to the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of enrollment. For purposes of these Terms, the “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to the submitted email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- Abuse of the Rewards Program, including failure to follow Program policies and procedures, the sale or barter of Rewards Certificates or Perk Certificates, products, Points, or promotional offers, and any misrepresentation of fact relating thereto or other improper conduct as determined by JCPenney in its sole judgment may result in cancellation of a Member’s account and future disqualification from Program participation, forfeiture and cancellation of previously issued but unused Rewards Certificates or Perk Certificates, and forfeiture of previously accrued Points or Perk Purchases. At our discretion we may prosecute abuse of the Program to the fullest extent of the law.
- Rewards Certificates and Perk Certificates are not transferable and may not be combined among Members or conveyed by any means to anyone, including through a Member’s estate, and may not pass to a Member’s successors and assigns. Rewards Certificates and Perk Certificates do not constitute property of the Member. Accrued Points, accrued Perk Purchases, Rewards Certificates and/or Perk Certificates are not transferable by the Member upon death, as part of a domestic relations matter, or otherwise.
- JCPenney reserves the right to make promotional offers available to select Members based on purchase activity, geographic location, Program participation, and/or information supplied by the Member. JCPenney reserves the right to add, withdraw, amend, or otherwise change bonus opportunities at any time at its sole discretion, with or without notice to Members.
- JCPenney, its subsidiaries and affiliate entities, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) make no warranty, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose with respect to the Program, Membership in the Program, or any products or services related to the Program.
- By participating in the Program, each Member hereby releases the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, and other expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) relating to that Member’s participation in the Program, use of Rewards Certificates or Perk Certificates, or agreement to these Terms.
- The JCPenney logo, My JCPenney Rewards logo, and other logos and taglines are the intellectual property of JCPenney.
- This Agreement will be governed by and construed under the substantive laws of the State of Texas, without reference to conflict-of-laws considerations. JCPenney and Member each agree that any dispute, claim, or controversy (“Claim”) arising from or relating to this Agreement or Member’s My JCPenney Rewards Membership will be resolved by binding arbitration conducted in the State of Texas (Collin County). JCPenney and Member each acknowledge and agree that each has chosen arbitration rather than litigation to resolve any such dispute, claim, or controversy. JCPenney and Member each understand that a judgment on any arbitral award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Member will not have the right to participate in a representative capacity or as a member of any class of claimants pertaining to any Claim subject to arbitration. There shall be no right or authority for any Claims to be arbitrated on a class action basis or on any basis involving Claims brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or other persons or entities similarly situated. Furthermore, Claims brought by or against a Member may not be joined or consolidated in the arbitration with Claims brought by or against any other Member, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by all parties.